All tribes have their own lingo, ways of doing things and isms. You could argue surfers are one of the easiest groups to spot with the way they dress, act and converse. One thing’s for sure, however, the following phrases won’t be emanating from any wave rider’s lips any time soon.
- I live for 2ft onshore slop!
- The first thing I do when I get home is hang my wetty up.
- I’d rather stay in the UK than head to Indo this winter.
- I don’t mind the line up is a zoo and packed out.
- I hate surfing in boardies.
- Budgie smugglers (Speedos) are the way forward!
- I’d rather be jet skiing.
- The inside of my wetty boots smell sooo fresh.
- Dude, it’s fine you dropped in on me.
- A 40 min beach run to warm up is the way forward.
- Living inland, away from the coast, is great.
- I’d rather drive seven hours to the surf than reside in a seafront house.
- Surf in the UK is so consistent.
- Brown water surfing’s where it’s at.
- Getting skunked is awesome!
- That was an epic session! Right, time for an early night…
- I’ll just stick with a one board quiver.
- I’ll do just one more hour in the office.
- Of course I don’t mind missing 4-6ft offshore perfection.
- Spending six weeks chasing waves is sooo boring.
What else wouldn’t a surfer say? Let us know…
Other articles you may fancy hitting up if the above floated your boat –